Sunday 18 December 2011

A user can not create Business Units (BU)

To enable a security role to allow its user to create BU, you need to give it some special security roles which is not available on the UI. Only way you can assign those privileges to a role is to copy from another role which already has those special privileges. So what I done is that I copied the system admin role to a new role called “BU Creator”, Then I removed every privilege I can from that role. So that the “BU creator” role essentially becomes a role which only contained special privileges. Then I added the role to the crm user I was using and it worked. It worked on both dev and uat.

Viewing all crm privileges including hidden privileges
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2009/08/04/viewing-all-crm-privileges-including-hidden-privileges.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment